Share This Article
Do you want a bigger house? Or a smaller house? Anyway, pursuing the golden mean is the way out for either side. That is why we are thrilled to offer you the best option – a 1,800-square-foot house! If you are intrigued by this footage and its capabilities, it is time to learn about it as much as possible!
1800 Square Foot House Features
The house of 1800 square feet can accommodate absolutely everything you need, not just for living but for an entire comfortable life. So, this footage will let you plan 3 or 4 bedrooms, two or bathrooms, a large living room, and several bonus rooms. As for the floors, both one and two stories are acceptable options.
If we talk about rooms in detail, you will surely like the opportunity to have a space for games or workouts, your small home office, or a wonderful outdoor patio for friendly parties. With 1,800 square feet, all this is possible by clicking your fingers! However, you will enjoy architectural diversity as well. This footage perfectly fits the more typical farmhouse, craftsman, and traditional style, as well as something more elegant, including Georgian style and Cape Cod, with its unique and sophisticated vibe.
So, here’s a list of features typical of the 1,800 square feet of house:
- 3 or 4 bedrooms and 1 or 2 bathrooms, spread over one or two stories;
- the opportunity to attach a one-car or two-car garage;
- an open floor layout, implying a combined kitchen with breakfast area and dining space;
- a master bedroom with a private bathroom and a walk-in closet on the main floor;
- the presence of a basement with bonus rooms – as a rule, in one-story houses;
- extensive outdoor space with front and back porches or covered decks and patio;
- ample storage and comfortable mud rooms.
Houses of 1,800 square feet are versatile, as they suit many people. Whether you are a young family who dreams of a bigger house, a childless and well-to-do couple, or retirees who want to downsize their home for more comfort – this meter becomes a lifesaver.
How Big Is A 1,800 Square Foot House?
1,800-square-foot houses are an excellent choice for lovers of perfect balance. Real estate experts classify them as medium-sized houses. They are convenient for small families who get all they need from them, a little more space as a bonus, and for young couples who think of child-bearing. A large family will also be comfortable in this house – unless their needs are reasonable.
1,800 Square Foot House Plans
1,800 square feet opens up so many possibilities for house plans that you may need more than two weeks to study them. That is why we limit ourselves to examples, but they can inspire you to opt for more.
1,800 Sq Ft Traditional House with 3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, and an Eating Bar
Source: The Plan Collection
Familiar and cozy externally, this one-story traditional house style provides an extraordinarily modern and ergonomic internal space layout. The cozy foyer leads directly to the great room with a fireplace and many areas for privacy and entertainment. The living area includes a kitchen and a dining room with a smooth and comfortable transition to the rear porch.
The clear zoning of the dining areas will also be a cause for admiration. The formal area is filled with light and is located in front of the house. The breakfast nook with the eating bar is planned in-depth and looks more intimate and secluded. All this allows you to choose where to have a noisy party and where to have a cozy chat with friends or your loved ones.
The lavish main suite is another highlight of the house, as it boasts a magnificent spacious bathroom and a roomy walk-in closet. Two bedrooms are also placed opposite the house, and the shared bathroom between them contributes to the comfort.
1,800 Sq Ft 2-Story Modern House with 3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, and a 2-Car Garage
Source: Architectural Designs
This concise, stylish home of clean, strict lines is designed for modern privacy. A silhouette with impeccable geometry, a covered patio, and an expansive wraparound deck embracing the building on the upper floor level become its highlights. Still, inside, the owners may also expect many exciting things.
The main floor is functional and offers a spacious room for two cars, a workshop, two guest bedrooms, and a little storage space. The upper floor pleases with a cozy and competent layout, a gorgeous master suite and an enormous bathroom, an abundance of eating spaces, and an almost endless living room with access to the deck.
1,800 Sq Ft 2-Story Contemporary House with Plenty of Amenities
Source: Drummond House Plans
The impeccable cubism and the combination of concrete, glass, and wooden accents make this house a modern-style model. The extension for a one-car garage fits seamlessly into the exterior without disturbing the harmony.
The interior layout aims to separate the space for activities and recreation, which lovers of perfect ergonomics will definitely adore. The main floor offers an unreal space for a superbly lit living room, a kitchen, and a dining room, separated by a comfortable kitchen island. The staircase near the half-bathroom leads to the upper floor, where all three bedrooms and one spacious bathroom turn this space into a realm of peace and relaxation.
1,800 Sq Ft 3-Story Rustic House with 4 Bedrooms, 3,5 Bathrooms, and Screened Porches
This rustic-style house was designed as a joy to the eyes and a perfect satisfaction for all family needs. Living, kitchen, and dining spaces with stone fireplaces and vaulted ceilings provide a romantic view out of the house’s rear, while the study room and the master suite contribute to impeccable comfort.
The upper level offers two bedrooms with a shared bathroom and a gorgeous view of the main floor. Another bedroom and exercise and recreation rooms are located on the lower floor and provide a convenient walk to the covered patio.
1,800 Sq Ft 1-Story Georgian House with 3 Bedrooms and 3 Bathrooms
Classic features, including arches and columns of the central covered porch, stucco walls, complex multi-gable roof, and exquisite window covers, distinguish this wonderful house’s exterior. The covered rear patio and the one-car garage provide additional comfort.
The house layout is pleasantly straightforward and implies everything you need for a comfortable and eventful life. Traditionally, the main suite is on the side of the house and has a sitting area and a spacious bathroom. The endless kitchen space has two distinct areas for lunch and private conversations and flows smoothly into the living room, and two bedrooms with a shared bathroom in the left wing are ready to offer their residents a serene rest.
How Much Does It Cost to Build A 1,800 Square Foot House?
Building a 1,800-square-foot house is far from unreal so you can implement it with money and patience. However, as is usually the case, you will need a construction budget that is carefully planned.
Estimating your future costs starts from where you plan to build, as the cost of the works and materials varies from one place to another in the USA. For example, we offer to look at calculations relevant to 2022 for some metro areas.
|State||Cost to Build a House|
However, this is more than just a location that will affect your construction costs. We have prepared a short list of issues that will require your money, and none of them can be ignored.
- Land ($7,000-$8,000). The size of the plot depends on your capabilities and the desire to get more nature at your disposal.
- Site work ($4,000-$6,000). An uninhabited site requires much more preparation than a lived-in one. Results may include installing or clearing the structures and systems, soil testing, excavation, etc.
- Floor Plan ($2,000-$2,500). The more thoughtful and competent your plan is, the better, so we do not recommend saving on it.
- Foundation ($7,000-$9,000). You are to choose the type of foundation and select the specialists for its installation, which involves high costs.
- Framing ($30,000 – $45,000). Spending on the outer structure of the house involves the choice and expenditure of basic materials and structural and architectural elements, so be prepared for the most impressive budget expenditure at this stage.
- Exterior ($40,000 – $45,000). Wall finishes, facade decorations, window and door openings, columns, roofs, and balconies will eat up the lion’s share of the budget, so plan carefully, control the purchase of materials, and avoid saving where it is not needed.
- System Installation ($35,000 – $40,000). Electricity, plumbing, and HVAC are the critical points for a comfortable stay in your building home. Make sure you have performed all the expertise and flawless installation schemes of the systems to make everything perfect.
- Interiors ($50,000-$60,000). Finishing and decoration are the most exciting and expensive stages. Flooring, ceilings and walls, decor, furniture, storage systems, electronics, and kitchen appliances become those very things that are so pleasant to pick up and install. Have patience and spare no time to find the best and most affordable for you!
Remember to put money for additional expenses, including landscaping, fencing, paving paths, and possible permits in your budget. And, of course, the construction crew’s fees are another key item that requires attention and generosity. In general, this item of expenditure will need up to $20,000, although there may be no limits at all.
How Much Does It Cost to Buy A 1,800 Square Foot House?
Buying a 1,800-square-foot house is reasonable and the only alternative to the building if you have no soul at all. This solution has many benefits, starting with many options on any wallet and ending with the ability to move immediately after the deal. Well, let’s talk more about prices and see what Zillow offers for a medium-sized house in different states.
- Arizona – $325,000-450,000
- California – $400,000-900,000
- Colorado – $265,000-500,000
- Florida – $380,000-700,000
- Illinois – $220,000-375,000
- Minnesota – $250,000-450,000
- New Hampshire – $300,000-460,000
- Utah – $360,000-500,000
- Vermont – $280,000-490,000
- Washington – $300,000-480,000
- South Carolina – $200,000-400,000
- New York – $250,000-400,000
The range of prices may seem too impressive for you, but remember that it includes houses of different layouts, costs, quality materials, amenities, and appliances. Take advantage of an intelligent realtor, do not ignore the showings, and enjoy a leisurely choice that will lead to purchasing your dream home!
An 1800 square feet house is a point of balance and a middle ground for many couples and families. The average footage can offer comfort, well-being, communication with loved ones, and recreation without excesses, unnecessary expenses, or unjustified investments!